Friday, July 4, 2014

Recovered deleted engagement photos from SDHC card - Computers - Data Recovery

I have a Kodak digital camera which uses an SDHC card to store images. Last week, while I was viewing the images of my sister's engagement on the camera, I accidentally deleted them by pressing the 'delete all' button. A small mistake while handling the camera operations landed me in deep trouble as those images were only available to me. An upset me brooded over the incident endlessly. Finally, it struck my mind to search the Web for a solution to my problem. And, you won't believe, I got several image recovery software which promise to recover deleted images successfully within a small span of time.

A recovery utility for image can be easily downloaded and installed on a computer. Such third-party applications are designed to cater to the data recovery needs of a digital camera user, irrespective of the cause of data loss. Be it accidental deletion, unintentional or intentional formating or file system damage, an image recovery utility works well for any possible cause.

Initially, I thought it is impossible to recover deleted images from an SDHC card. But my search helped me shed various misconceptions about recovering data. Data recovery is possible from any storage media. Moreover, when you lose a file to deletion, it is never gone permanently. When a file is deleted, the SDHC card or any other storage media marks the space as available for another file. The data of the deleted file stays intact on the same location until a new file overwrites it. Therefore, you can recover data from an SDHC card successfully, if nothing has been written on to it after the data loss incident.

During my intensive search, I got to know that the probability of successfully recovering the images also depends on an image recovery software. Though, you'll find many tools, it would be wise to weigh their capabilities properly before zeroing in on a particular one. Always make sure, you select a read-only tool which doesn't alter the original images. Moreover, ensure you use a tool which is easy-to-use and safe. To judge these parameters, you must try the demo version first.

I found a promising software which vouched to recover images from all kinds of memory cards including SDHC, SD, MMC etc. I used it and within a few minutes, I was able to recover the lost images of my sister's engagement.

Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery is a comprehensive and trusted utility which recovers images from various storage media memory cards, memory sticks, digital cameras, hard drives, USBs and other removable media efficiently. The image recovery tools is available for both Windows and Mac users.





No comments:

Post a Comment